Five New Releases
2022 is a big book year for me. I have FIVE new books entering the world. They are:
- WHEN I'M WITH YOU. This book, with art by the amazing Eliza Wheeler, is all about having that one special someone who just gets you -- a ride-or-die bestie, a BFF, a bae, a boo. Perfect to share with a friend of any age. Order a copy here.
- IN OUR GARDEN. What does it mean to be home? Millie, a girl from "more than an ocean away," finds friendship and community when she helps her new school start a rooftop garden and blooms where she's planted. With gorgeous art by Melissa Crowton. Order a copy here.
- NOT SO SMALL. You might feel small. Like your voice doesn't matter. But your words and steps and actions can join other people's to make the world a better place. Perfect for discussions about social activism. With beautiful illustrations by Paola Escobar. Order a copy here.
- SEE YOU SOMEDAY SOON. Loving someone who's far away can be hard. You have to figure out different ways to stay in touch and plan all the ways you can get from here to there. This innovative book features die-cuts and creative page proportions courtesy of artist Suzy Lee. Order a copy here.
- LUPE LOPEZ: ROCK STAR RULES. I co-wrote this book with e.E. Charlton-Trujillo. It's about how a young drummer starts school convinced she's a rock star. and has to learn to balance her rock-star rules with school rules. Order the English version here. Order the Spanish version here.
If you’re so inclined, you can order any of my books online through:
Or, you could order from an independent bookstore.
My local favorites are:
- Mystery to Me (And, Mystery to Me can get you a signed copy should you so desire.)
- A Room of Ones Own.
- Kismet Books.
Indie bookstores might have my books in stock and on their shelves. And, if they don't, they will order them for you. Most stores will even ship your order right to your door.
To find an independent bookstore, visit IndieBound. You can enter your ZIP code and see what’s nearby.
And, if you’re a GoodReads or Amazon user, you could write a review.
Hear Pat's Friends and Family read WHEN I'M WITH YOU
See Pat's family and friends read the beginning of WHEN I'M WITH YOU, an ode to friendship in all its shapes and forms.
Watch the BE KIND Book Trailer
Kids tell their stories of what it means to be kind. Julie Kruyne created this video.
Hear Pat Read SOPHIE'S SQUASH
Pat Zietlow Miller reads her book, Sophie's Squash, for Read On Wisconsin, a state-wide reading initiative. Sophie's Squash was a September 2014 Read On Wisconsin title for the Babies, Toddlers, and Preschoolers age group. Learn more about Read On Wisconsin
Watch the WHEREVER YOU GO Book Trailer
Adam Wheeler created this book trailer using art by Eliza Wheeler and words from Pat. Watch the trailer.
Learn How Pat's Dream Became a Reality
Pat talks about the effort, determination and work that went into selling her first picture book. Her stories were rejected 126 times before she heard that fateful "yes." Watch the video.
Do you use too many words when you write? Don't worry, most folks do. Pat shares 10 tips for cutting the fluff and taking unnecessary words out of your writing. Watch the webinar.
Pat talks about her path to a bit of fame and fortune as a children's author, the story behind her classic (and premier) children's book, Sophie's Squash, and her advice to aspiring writers. We also celebrate the launch of "In our Garden," an uplifting classroom tale about students who create a vegetable garden on their school's rooftop. Listen to the interview.
Download This Kit For Graduation Parties or Events
Kirstin Cappy at Curious City has designed an outstanding kit of decorations and materials to mark graduations from preschool to college. Download the kit.