A story that celebrates the special love between a child and her favorite toy – only in this case that toy is a butternut squash. On a trip to the farmers' market with her parents, Sophie chooses a squash, but instead of letting her mom cook it, she names it Bernice. From then on, Sophie brings Bernice everywhere, despite her parents' gentle warnings that Bernice will begin to rot. As winter nears, Sophie does start to notice changes. What's a girl to do when the squash she loves is in trouble? Anne Wilsdorf illustrates. Published by Schwartz & Wade.
- Visit the SOPHIE'S SQUASH Facebook page.
- Learn how this book came to be.
- Celebrate 10 years of SOPHIE'S SQUASH.
- Order the hardcover online.
- Order the paperback online.